Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Minecraft meets Appa: Fan Art-Tuesday

Today I found myself wanting to play Minecraft again! I have dabbled in making my own textures for the game pieces and today I decided to create a new texture for the cows. I love the game and Nickelodeon's "Avatar the Last Airbender", so why not have a farm of sky bison?



I am still working to make these guys perfect, but if you would like some sky bison of your own, today, you can go ahead and pop the texture map below into an existing custom resource pack!

Sky Bison:  32x32 Texture


To make this guy work, start up Minecraft of your computer, hit play, and the main menu will show. Click "options > resource packs > open resource packs folder" buttons.

There you will pick the custom resource pack you want to add the sky bison in! (If you haven't had a custom pack before, you can choose one from one of my favorite sites, planetminecraft !)

Once you have picked your pack to edit, and you are in the resourcepacks folder, click *Texture Pack's Folder* > assets > mine craft > textures > entity > cow > *and replace that "cow.png" with this one, containing my version of Appa and family! Do make sure that the file name does not change, and if you have any questions, the planetminecraft link from above has wonderful help sections as well.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy!


*Of course, Minecraft is owned by Mojang and I do not take any credit for "Appa" or 'Nickelodeon's Avatar the Last Airbender' either. The rest of the world's textures in my Minecraft game I downloaded a long time ago from www.planetminecraft.com, DokuCraft Light. You can see the new versions of that texture pack and its creator by clicking here:  Doku Craft Link




No comments:

Post a Comment