Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween Pumpkin Pattern!

A late happy Halloween from my art blog! This was my Halloween 2013 jack-o-lantern! I really wanted to do a pumpkin inspired by Brad Bird's The Iron Giant, 1999 this year. All I could find online were patterns for his silhouette in the forest, which looked awesome but I was afraid it would not last long (large cut-outs and unsupported pieces). So I made this one! He has held up quite well. This pattern works better with a larger pumpkin since the cut-outs are quite slender. When I carved it out, I also cut slightly outside my original pattern lines so they'd glow brighter. I know it is too late for this year, but maybe this can be used by other Iron Giant lovers next Halloween!




(Click an image to enlarge)


I do NOT claim any rights to The Iron Giant or the characters! This is fan art.

No comments:

Post a Comment