Wednesday, January 6, 2016

First Art-Wednesday Post: What's New?

Hello! It is the first Wednesday 2016, so today starts my weekly posting!

You may have been wondering, where has Brianna been? Has she been busy, doing art? So to catch everyone up on my progress during my blog posting break, I want to let you know about my most exciting new art-adventures!

I was doing some soul searching during my months of blogging hiatus, and came to two conclusions: First, I wanted to do more art. And secondly, I wanted to start something new with it.

To start addressing my goal of creating more art, I have launched these Art-Post-Wednesdays hosted here on my blog, and I have also started a "365 Day" Art Challenge on my Instagram @briannaleahyart  , which I started January 1st, 2016!

@BriannaLeahyArt on Instagram:  365 Days of Art so far


But what should I do with my artwork that is "new"? Multiple friends, peers and colleagues had been suggesting Etsy to me for quite some time, so I began to research everything about it. What I found had me so excited! Though I plan to have a "Grand Opening" of my Etsy shop:  Badgerbri Art in the near future, I am glad to say that the store is open! You can click the link above to check it out.


Etsy Shop:  Badgerbri Art's first products, available for purchase now!


And if that is not enough, I have started collaborating with a marine microbial ecologist from Oregon State University for a new, ongoing art and science project! For clues to what that might be, watch my Instagram....we will leak more details later when the project gets closer to its first (of many) publishing!

So, I am going to be hard at work on my daily Instagram, my weekly blog posting, working on a collaborative science & art project, and with developing my Etsy Shop to fit my hopeful vision. Here's to a great 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment