Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Raven Passport Cover DIY: Art-Wednesday

I am excited to have my first passport ever! In anticipation for my first big trip out of the country as an adult, I could not help myself from wanting a nice passport cover! After some price-checking and research, I decided that I would love to make a custom one with some leftover felt I had in the house. 

Keep reading to see my art & process!

My Completed Raven-Passport Cover!

Materials:
I personally really love using eco-fi brand felt, because it is made in the US out of 100% polyester from recoiled post-consumer plastic bottles! I used most of a "sheet" of brown felt for the base cover, and small scraps of black felt for the raven. I had some black elastic from my last project too, so I used that to create the closure for the flap. Other than that, it was just thread, ruler and a charcoal pencil to mark the measured felt!

I also had too much fun with raven studies and designing the pattern from my Cintiq in photoshop!

Initial Raven Studies, Cintiq & Photoshop
Raven Felt Pattern Design, Cintiq & Photoshop

Thank you for reading!!! Hope to see you next week! And please, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them here, or on my Facebook page: Brianna Leahy Art!

You can be crafty and eco-friendly too! I was so excited to find the Eco-fi felt in my local craft store. If you would like to learn more about the recycled plastic felt, here is the link:  eco-fi website .
(P.S.- No, I am not being sponsored or anything by this company, I just get excited about eco-friendly things, and I love sharing my discoveries!). 

All content in this article is ©2016 Brianna Elizabeth Leahy

No comments:

Post a Comment